University of Detroit Jesuit High School and Academy
From Ignatian Wiki
|University of Detroit Jesuit High School and Academy|
|Tuition/fees:|| $7,480 for Academy,
$8,670 for High School
|Address & Contact Information|
|Address:||8400 S. Cambridge Avenue|
University of Detroit Jesuit High School and Academy is a Jesuit high school located in the United States in Detroit, Michigan. It is located in the Detroit Province of the Society of Jesus and was founded in 1877. University of Detroit Jesuit High School and Academy, originally known as Detroit College, was founded in 1877 by Bishop Caspar Henry Borgess. Borgess determined that the city needed a catholic college for young men. Borgess was finally successful in this endeavor in the winter of 1876-1877, when the Jesuits, acting through the provincial at St. Louis, Fr. Thomas O'Neill, S.J., agreed to found a school.
University of Detroit Jesuit High School and Academy is an all male school and also operates an academy for young men in grades seven and eight. Approximately 500 Jesuits have taught at University of Detroit Jesuit High School and Academy since the school's founding in 1877, although today there are fewer Jesuits than regular faculty members.
Starting in 2004, the First Robotics program was created and since then has competed in many state tournaments.
8400 S. Cambridge Avenue; Detroit, Michigan 48221-1699.