Help:Set up a portal
From Ignatian Wiki
The process for setting up a portal is:
- create your own portal home page. This can be done by going to the main page of the Omaha wiki and entering Portal:portal name into the article title box (where portal name is the name you want to use). This will create an open window ready to receive text.
- Open a new browser window, go to the Xyz portal, click on the edit tab, select all of the text, and copy it to your portal home page.
- Go through and edit every occurrence of Portal:xyz and change to Portal:portal name
- Preview the page to be sure you do not have 'xyz' showing up on the page. Save it once you are done with the preview and making any corrections.
- To create the text in any of the sections of the portal, click on any of the red links. To get rid of the red links, you may want to start with simple text like 'Feature article will go here.' Once each section is created, it can be edited by selecting the edit tab beside the section heading.
If you find any mistakes in the directions above, edit this page to correct them.